DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT SIEGELWERK GMBH
With this data privacy statement, we would like to educate you in accordance with the provisions of the EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR) on the nature, extent and purpose of the processing of personal data in connection with our website.
1. “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
2. “processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
3. “controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;
4. “recipient” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. 2However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing;
II. General Information
1. Responsible Person/ Entity
We have not nominated a data protection officer and are also not obligated to nominate such a position.
2. Legal Basis
We process personal data based on at least one of the following statutory sources:
- Permission of the data subject to the processing of this or her personal data concerning one or more specific purposes (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR);
- Completion of a contract with the data subject or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR);
- Compliance with a legal obligation we are subject to (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c GDPR);
- Protection of the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. dGDPR);
- Protection of our legitimate interests or those legitimate interests of a third party (Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR)
The respective legal basis of individual processing operations is referred to below in this data privacy statement.
3. Disclosure of personal data to recipients
We only share personal data with recipients (mandated processors of personal data or other third parties) to the extent necessary and only under one of the following conditions:
- Permission of the data subject to the transfer of his personal data;
- The transfer is necessary for the fulfillment of contractual obligations or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- We are legally obligated to transfer the data;
- The disclosure is based on our legitimate interests or those legitimate interests of a third party.
4. Countries outside the EU
The transfer of personal data to a country or an international organization outside of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) is subject to a statutory or contractual permission. Such transfer shall only be applicable under the conditions set out in Article 44 et seqq. GDPR. Therefore such transfer of personal data shall only occur to a country which was granted an adequacy decision of the EU-Commission pursuant to Art. 45 GDPR, a country which has given guarantees to appropriately safeguard personal data pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR or has implemented binding corporate rules following Art. 47 GDPR.
5. Rights of the data subject
The data subject has the following rights:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR you have the right to request information about your personal data processed by us; you may also request information regarding the purposes for processing your personal data , the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your information has been or will be disclosed, the planned safeguarding period or the criteria for determining the safeguarding period, the provenance of your personal data if your personal data was not collected from you, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where appropriate, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you, your right to rectification or deletion of your personal data, your right to limit such a processing or your right to object to such processing, the existence of a right to appeal to such processing in front of the supervisory authority; Finally, you have a right to know whether personal data has been transmitted to a country outside the EU or to an international organization and, if this is the case, the right to receive information about the measures taken for appropriate data security associated with such a transfer;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, you have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data stored with us without undue delay;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, you may request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing of personal data is justified by the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation or for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR you can demand the limitation of the processing of your personal data, if and as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful and you are opposed to the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of the use of such data instead; and we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, but it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate reasons for the data processing outweigh your interest;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR you may request the transfer of the personal data you have provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this personal data to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time to, on grounds relating to your particular situation, or personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes and the legal basis for the processing of the personal data are the protection of our legitimate interests or those legitimate interests of a third party according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, you may at any time revoke your once given consent for processing your personal data to us. As a result of such a withdrawal, we are not allowed to continue processing your personal data in the future;
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
If you would like to assert your above data subject rights, you can contact us at any time using the contact details above.
6. Erasure and Limitation of Personal Data
We erase personal data which we process according to the rules of Art. 17 GDPR and restrict the processing of personal data pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR. Insofar as this Data Privacy Statement does not stipulate otherwise, the personal data is deleted if this data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected or otherwise processed and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory requirements of safeguarding this personal data. If personal data is required for legally permissible other purposes, it will not be erased but the processing of the personal data will be limited to such purpose. This applies, for example, to personal data that must be retained by us for commercial or tax law reasons. For example, documents pursuant to § 257 Para. 1 Nr. 2 und 3 HGB and § 147 Para. 1 Nr. 2, 3, 5 AO will be safeguarded for 6 years, documents pursuant to § 257 Para. 1 Nr. 1 und 4 HGB and § 147 Para. 1 Nr. 1, 4, 4a AO will be safeguarded for 10 years.
We use session Cookies to recognize which webpages you have frequented during your visit on our website. Cookies also provide certain functionalities. Session cookies are deleted after the end of your visit to our website.
In addition, we also use temporary Cookies that are stored on your device for a specific period of time to optimize usability of our website and to statistically evaluate the use of our offer. If you return to our website to take advantage of our services, the site will automatically recognize that you have frequented the website before, and which settings you have chosen and entries you have made, so that you do not need to reenter them.
The data processed by Cookies are necessary for the protection of our legitimate interests or those legitimate interests of a third party according to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
III.Individual processing operations
To make our website available to the public, we are engaging services provided by hosting companies, such as the supply of web servers, disk space, database services, security and maintenance services.
Thereby we are, respectively our hosting provider is, processing personal data of users of our website on the basis of our legitimate interests in an efficient and secure supply of our online offerings pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
2. Access Data and Log Files
When you access our website or one of the individual web pages, the browser on your device automatically is sending information to the server of our website. This information is stored in so-called log files by us or our hosting provider and deleted after leaving our website.
The following information is stored:
- IP address of the computer requesting access to our website,
- Date and time of the access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer
- Name of your access provider.
This data is processed for the following purposes:
- Supply of our Internet offering including all functions and contents
- Enabling of an unobstructed establishment of a dial-up connection to the Internet
- Enabling a comfortable utilization of our website
- Ensuring system security and stability
- Anonymized statistical evaluation of visitors accessing our website
- Website optimization
- Disclosure to law enforcement authorities in the event of unlawful interference / attack on our systems
- Other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest derives from the above data collection purposes. The collected personal data is never used for the purpose of drawing conclusions about a person.
3. Email Marketing to Customers
If you are a customer of us and we have received your email address in connection with the sale of a good or service, we are authorized to use your email address for purposes of direct marketing of similar goods or services. This only applies if you have not objected to such a use and we have explicitly informed you about the possibility to object to such a use when collecting the email address and every time we use your email address. The legal basis of the processing is our legitimate interest in direct marketing according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
If you would like to receive our newsletter, we need your email address. The data processing for the purpose of sending you our newsletter is carried out pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent by means of the so-called double opt-in procedure. Your email address will be used and stored for this purpose until you revoke your consent or unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter. The unsubscription from our newsletter is possible at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to the email address documented under II.
IV. Services of Google
Provider of the following services of Google is Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereafter „Google“).
The legal basis for using the following services of Google are our legitimate interests according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Google has entered the EU/ U.S. PrivacyShield, has thereby committed to compliance with European privacy standards and therefore is in compliance with the requirements of the European Union to legitimize the transfer of personal data to the United States. Information on Google’s commitment concerning the PrivacyShield can be found under:
Informationen about the use of data for advertising purposes by Google, setting and contradictory options, you can found on these websites:
V. Social Media Plugins
Within our Internet offering we use social media plugins of social networks. If a page of our website is called up with such a plugin your browser establishes a direct connection to the server of the respective plugin whereby the respective provider gains knowledge of which page of our offer has been called up and from which IP address. The same applies to the actuation of the component, e.g. liking or sharing a content or commenting on a post. The above is independent of whether you click or otherwise use the component in question. If you are logged in to the respective provider in their social network at the same time, the respective provider can directly match the visit to the page of our Internet offer to your user account there. If you click on the button of the respective plugin, the corresponding information will be transmitted to the respective provider and published there as a post in the profile of your social network. If you do not want the provider to be able to match the data collected on our website to your respective user account by the provider, you must first log out of the respective social network. Purpose of the plugins is to make our website better known and to share content from our website in social networks. In the purpose of making our website better known there is our legitimate interest. Legal basis for the use of the following social media plugins are our legitimate interests according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
We use functionalities of the social network Facebook on our website. Facebook allows users of the social network to communicate and interact, to share opinions and experiences or to publish information. Provider of the platform is Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA. Responsible for the processing of personal data of individuals in the EU is Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Facebook has entered the EU/ U.S. PrivacyShield, has thereby committed to compliance with European privacy standards and therefore is in compliance with the requirements of the European Union to legitimize the transfer of personal data to the United States. Information on Facebook’s commitment concerning the PrivacyShield can be found underhttps://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active.
Information about the collection, processing and use of personal data by Facebook can be found in the data directive which is available under https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update.There are also setting options for protecting your privacy and methods for preventing the transfer of data to Facebook. A summary of the available Facebook plugins can be found under https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/?locale=de_DE.
2. Twitter Tweet-Button